Information Architecture for the World Wide Web describes in detail what the so-called Information Architect must do in his daily job. Title alone cannot provide food on the table. A vague definition = must wear lots of hats (or nowhere to go).
But what if they actually make it? What would be the new title?
- Graphic design – Chief Graphic Designer – CGD
- Interaction design – Chief Interaction Designer – CID
- Usability engineering – Chief Usability Engineer – CUE
- Experience design – Chief Experience Designer – CED
- Software Development – Chief Software Developer – CSD
- Enterprise architecture – Chief Enterprise Architect – CEA
- Content management – Chief Content Manager – CCM
- Knowledge management – Chief Knowledge Manager – CKM
- Information architecture – Chief Information Architect – CIA
Will the last one, if ever exist, will become common enough to replace the original?